Have you been wondering what’s with all the fuss about essential oils ?
If you have ever enjoyed the scent of a rose, you’ve experienced the aromatic qualities of essential oils.
These naturally occurring compounds are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant. Essential oils give plants their distinctive smells, essential oils protect plants and play a role in plant pollination. Essential oils have long been used for food preparation, beauty treatment, and health-care practices.
The nature of an essential oil varies from plant to plant, within botanical families, and from species to species. The delicate ratio of aromatic constituents found in any given essential oil are what make it unique and give it specific benefits. Essential oils can be used for a wide range of emotional and physical wellness applications. They can be used as single essential oils or in complex essential oil blends depending on user experience and desired benefit.
Check out this great video that explains it all.
Most people talk about the three main ways to use essential oils, but truly, there are four fantastic ways to add oils to your life:
So how are some of the amazing ways you can use essential oils for wholistic mindful life?
Here are just a few of my favourite ways to incorporate them into your daily life:
- Diffuse some Serenity (Calming Blend) to promote a healthy sleep for everyone.
- Drop some Citrus Bliss to the base of your shower for an invigorating and energizing morning shower.
- Make up a homemade cleaner with some Melaleuca and Lemongrass oil.
- Dab some Lavender on mosquito bites.
- Massage a dab of Easy Air (Respiratory Blend) over your kiddos chest to promote feelings of clear breathing.
- For a beautiful outdoor bug repellent candle, fill a mason jar with distilled water, lemon & lime slices, add a few drops of TerraShield and a floating candle.
- Use some Immortelle (Anti-Aging Blend) on those signs of *ahem* maturing skin.
- Add some Balance (Grounding Blend) to your lotion when you’re having a terrible, no good, very bad day.
- Create a natural wood polish with Arborvitae.
- Create your own perfume blend (Check out my upcoming classes to find out how you can attend one of my Roller-ball Make & Take Classes)
Curious about how oils, stones and chakras all work together for a wholistic mindful life?
I've broken it all down for you and it's my free gift to you. Simply sign-up using the button to your right and get it delivered straight to your inbox.